header photos

What I get upto in the shed

Hello :-) This is the page where I store each project. Each in its own folder then leading to the relivant page for the project.

shed introduction video

T120E and T140E

Welcome to the shed, this is where all the fixing goes on, from inflating tyres to stripping engines. If it is possible to do with hand tools it is done in here. Machine work like rebores and regrinds I farm out to a local engineering company, everything else I do myself, the videos you see here started in 2008 when I bought my first digital camera that had a video function, and me being me wanted something to film, and what better than the repairs to my Bonneville. Since then I have recorded most but not all of the repairs I have carried out. I acquired my Triumph T120R 650 Bonneville in 1983 for the princely sum of 350 pounds sterling and from then I have covered around 90,000 miles and used more tyres, chains and sprockets than I care to remember. Back in the '94 I fitted a new set of barrels with 10.5:1 pistons, bigends and all new bearings throughout the engine and gearbox also a new clutch and primary chain, I did not regrind the crank as by my estimation it was within acceptable limits, also while the bike was off the road to do the rebuild I had the rims re-chromed and rebuilt them with all new spokes and also replaced the wheel bearings and brake shoes, the bike at this time also received a good tidy up by spraying the frame and fuel tank and that was about it. Having ridden the socks of it from '94 to 2008 it was high time to do it again and the video series started so from the first video to the last (ongoing) the series has become a video journal of most of the jobs carried out in the order undertaken. As I fitted bell mouth velocity stacks to my carburettors it would have entailed modification to the original side panels I preferred not to do this, so made my own by beating the living daylights out of a used aluminium baking tray and ended up with a decent set of panels, I had made the rear set about a year earlier using the same process a bit planishing bossing and beating. Other modifications I have done are gas flowed the head, my way! and it seems to have worked it has 10.5.1 pistons I have also fitted an external spin on oil filter and oil cooler, Boyer electronic ignition and a Podtronic voltage regulator rectifier. My videos are an ongoing process so it the building of this website.

shed introduction video

shed introduction video

copy right to be put here when I find it again